Volkswagen Community Trust Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
Volkswagen AG is a German car manufacturing company, founded in 1937.
The VW Community Trust aim to finance and train students from previously disadvantaged background, and in the past 5 years have awarded almost 500 bursaries.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Business Studies
- Computer Science
The bursary will not only cover the cost of tuition and prescribed books, but will also cover accommodation and transport.
Besides the financial benefits, the VW bursary will also provide students with mentorship and assist them in establishing a professional CV and interview skills, to transition into the workforce.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Studying in one of the aforementioned fields of study,
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institution,
- Achieved high academic results in previous year of study.
*Preference will be given to students residing in Uitenhage and surrounding areas, as well as those who are in financial need.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be done online at: https://vw.graduate.erecruit.co.za/candidateapp/Jobs/Categories/Bursary_Programme/
Alternatively, students can apply by writing to:
The Bursary Administrator
Volkswagen Head Office
PO Box 80, Uitenhage, 6230
The following items should be included in your application pack:
- A covering letter (we have drafted the VW Bursary Letter Example which students can download and edit, otherwise please feel free to write your own cover letter if you wish),
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Latest tertiary results (on tertiary institution letterhead),
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Proof financial need: proof of household income (parents/ guardians latest bank statements if employed, affidavit if unemployed, death certificate if deceased).
31 July annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 041 994 4399/ 4049/ 5178
Fax: 041 994 5587