Vodacom Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
Vodacom Group Limited (Vodacom), founded in 1994, is a South African mobile communications company which provides data; voice; messaging and converged services to its more than 50 million customers. Previously owned by Telkom and Vodafone (who each held a 50% shares), in 2008 Vodafone increased its stake in the company to 65%, while Telkom declared to list their remaining shares on the JSE. In fact, Vodacom is South Africa’s top cellular network with around 58% of the countries market share.
The company now operates not only in South Africa, but also has networks in Lesotho; Mozambique; Tanzania and the DRC, as well as providing services to customers in more than 40 countries in Africa, including Zambia; Nigeria; Angola; Ghana; Kenya; Cameroon and Côte d’Ivoire.
ABOUT THE BURSARY – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
Vodacom bursaries are awarded to students studying/ intending on studying within the following fields:
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
- Electronics/ Electronic Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Light current)
- Actuarial Science
This is a full bursary, covering all study related expenses. Students will also be able to take part in vacation work or practical training each year.
Once students have graduated, they will be able to join the Graduate Development Program and may be required to take up employment at Vodacom (depending on availability within the company).
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback by 30 November, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying full-time at a recognised South African University or University of Technology
- Achieved a minimum B symbol for Mathematics and Science in Matric
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for the current year of study
- Engineering and Science degree students: must have achieved a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics and Science in Matric
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Vodacom Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation – if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile, if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photograph (passport size)
- Grade 11 final results (current Matric students)
- Matric certificate (if completed Matric)
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution
- Full academic record to date (current tertiary students)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fax: 086 609 7183
Career Wise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
31 August 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Career Wise directly:
Tel: 086 100 8777 / 086 100 7787
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org