South African Road Federation Bursary 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The South African Roads Federation (SARF) is the point of contact between the South African road industry sectors, and assists with distributing skills via disciplines related to the sector.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Road Transport Economics
- Road Transport Management
- Road Traffic Management (Accident Investigation/ Traffic Policing)
- Road Engineering (Bridge Engineering/ Pavement Engineering/ Transportation Planning/ Construction Management/ Construction Materials/ Storm Water/ Environment)
The SARF bursary will not cover all study expenses, it is only a supplement to assist students with tertiary fees. The value is dependent upon the applicants needs.
Bursary recipients will be required to:
- Make a presentation to their Federation local branch on their subject of study
- Submit a report of study progress every 6 months
- Enroll as an associate members of the SARF
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- Preference will be given to South African residents, however members of SADC countries can also apply
- Preference will be given to full-time students,
- Preference will be given to members and employees of the SARF,
- Preference will be given to students studying towards a M. Tech, M.Sc or higher qualification,
- Studying towards a qualification related to the road transport sector (per the fields of study listed above),
- Studying at a recognised University or University of Technology (or equivalent) in South Africa,
- National Diploma students must have passed the first semester (S1),
- Degree students must have passed first year exams,
- Endorsed by the relevant academic authority at the students tertiary institution,
- Must intend on working within the South African road transport industry once completed your studies.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the SARF Bursary Application Form (pdf).
The following items should be included in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Grade 11 year end results,
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Proof of tertiary registration (on tertiary institution letterhead),
- Latest tertiary results (on tertiary institution letterhead).
Applications should be submitted to the South African Road Federation Head Office, in one of the following ways:
1) Hand delivery: 48 Gladiator Street, Rhodesfield, Kempton Park, 1619
2) Post: P O Box 8379, Birchleigh, 1621
3) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Fax: 011 394 7934
5) Fax to email: 086 576 7952
31 August annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
South African Road Federatio
Tel: 011 394 9025/ 011 394 1459
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org