Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SIBANYE-STILLWATER
Sibanye-Stillwater, founded in 2012, is one of the biggest producers of palladium and platinum, not only in South Africa, but globally. They are also one of the top gold producing companies in the world. The global precious metal mining group is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), as well as on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
The companies South Africa-based operations include the Beatrix operation (located in the Free State), the Kloof; Driefontein and Cooke operations (located in Gauteng) – these comprise of surface and underground gold mining operations.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
Every year, Sibanye-Stillwater allocates bursary funding to students pursuing their studies towards a bachelor’s degree qualification at a University in South Africa. The programme aims to produce skilled graduate students who wish to pursue a career path at one of Sibanye-Stillwater’s companies
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- BSc Chemical Engineering
- BSc Electrical Engineering
- BSc Geology
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Metallurgical Engineering
- BSc Mining Engineering
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition, accommodation allowance and a study materials allowance.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen,
- Currently in Matric or have completed Matric,
- Achieved strong academic results in Matric,
- 21 years old or younger during the first year of undergraduate study (if applying for undergraduate study first year)
- 23 years old or younger during the second year or subsequent years of undergraduate study (if applying for undergraduate study in second or later year)
- Studying (or intending to study) full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study in the upcoming year
- Studying (or intending to study) at a recognised university within South Africa
- Accepted to study at university for your selected qualification
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy),
- Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results (if currently in Matric)
- Proof of University application/ acceptance (if currently in Matric)
- Matric certificate (if completed Matric)
- Full tertiary academic record (if currently at University)
- Proof of acceptance into degree qualification at university
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to Fulufhelo Mashovha at The Sibanye-Stillwater Academy: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Sibanye-Stillwater Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
2 October 2017.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Sibanye-Stillwater Academy directly:
Contact Person: Fulufhelo Mashovha
Tel: 011 752 1145