Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SALDANHA BAY MUNICIPALITY
Located on the West Coast of South Africa, the Saldanha Bay Municipality forms part of the West Coast District Municipality. The Municipality covers an area of more than 2000 square kilometers, with a coastline of over 230 kilometers. Saldanha has Africa’s biggest natural port.
The municipality is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Swartland Municipality and the Bergrivier Municipality. The head office is based in Vredenburg, while satelite offices are located in Paternoster; Langebaan; St Helena Bay; Hopefield and Saldanha.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Saldanha Bay Municipality will be awarding bursaries to 3 students, to a maximum value of R50 000 per student. The bursary will cover students who intend to study toward a Bachelor’s degree, majoring in Financial Accounting.
Once students have successfully completed their studies, they will be required to enroll in the Saldanha Bay Municipality internship program.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently writing Matric final exams
- Studied Mathematics in Matric (not Mathematical Literacy)
- Achieved a minimum average of 65% OR a minimum average of 60% with a minimum average of 70% for Mathematics
- Accepted or pending acceptance to study at a University (University of Technology students should not apply)
- Accepted to study full-time towards a Financial Accounting Bachelors degree
- *Preference will be given to students whose parents live within the municipal area of the Municipality. Partial preference will also be given to students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and those with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary Application Form (.doc)
Alternatively, you may collect an application form from the Municipality’s Human Resource Management offices (from 08:00 to 16:30 on weekdays) or from their website at: http://www.sbm.gov.za/pages/vacancies/current/current.php
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric third term results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- University acceptance or provisional acceptance letter (send as soon as received)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- ID documents of dependents on family income (certified copies)
- Parent/ guardian proof of address
- Affidavit of guardianship if not living with parents
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (payslip or bank statements if unemployed)
- Motivational letter (further details can be found on the application form)
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to:
Human Resource Services
Private Bag X12
8 February 2018 (at 12:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Saldanha Bay Municipality directly:
Contact Persons: Theodorr Williams / Sandiso Gcwabe
Tel: 022 701 6821 / 022 701 6895