National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) International Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NFVF
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) was formed in order to ensure substantial growth of the film and video industry in South Africa, by providing funding for the development and training of filmmakers, as well as for producing, developing, distribution and marketing of films
The NFVF is a statutory body and an agency of the Department of Arts and Culture. The main objectives of the NFVF are to: increase the accessibility of South African films; to increase the amount of films in South Africa and the amount of producers for previously disadvantaged backgrounds; to increase the amount of training within the film industry and in scarce skills areas; to locally and internationally promote the film industry of South Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The bursary programme offered by the NFVF aims to upskill film and TV professionals, to ensure competitiveness in the global market. The bursary is for International Postgraduate studies in Film and TV. The selected film course must NOT be available for study in South Africa (this bursary excludes Acting and Live Performance programmes).
The bursary will NOT cover 100% of all study expenses – the bursary will be awarded to a maximum value of R250 000 (which includes tuition fees and living expenses).
Please be sure to download and read the NFVF Funding Policy (.pdf)
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Strong academic record
- Proven financial need
- Must have applied for the course of study at least 6 months before it starts
- Registered and enrolled to study at an overseas accredited tertiary institution
- Registered and enrolled to study full time post towards a Film/ TV programme Postgraduate qualification (which is starting in September 2018 and NOT currently available in South Africa)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://nfvf.praxisgms.co.za
You will be required to “Register an account”, thereafter you should “Login” with your selected details and follow the application process.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric certificate (certified copy of)
- Latest academic record (certified copy of)
- Proof of enrollment/ acceptance at an overseas accredited tertiary institution (for the September 2018 intake)
- Detailed course outline/ curriculum from your tertiary institution
- Study fees breakdown from your tertiary institution
- Detailed budget (including tuition fees and general living expenses)
- Proof of any other bursary funding/ study loan
- Latest payslip, if you are self-sufficient (certified copy of)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income, if you are dependent on them (certified copy of: bank statements AND latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of social grants if on a grant)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies of)
- Motivational letter, explaining the following: why you are in need of funding, where you envision your studies leading to, how your field of study will benefit the South African community, why your selected degree is unique (one page only)
- Letter of recommendation (from an industry professional)
- Curriculum Vitae
*Please note that certified documentation must not be older than 3 months old.
31 March 2018 (at 17:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the NFVF directly:
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF)
Qualifying criteria queries:
Contact Person: Lebohang Khunou
Email: email@example.com, 011 483 0880
Application process queries:
Contact Person: Thandekile Hlatshwayo