Mercedes-Benz Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MERCEDES-BENZ
Mercedes-Benz, founded by Karl Benz and Gottlieb Daimler in 1926 as “Daimler-Benz”, is a division of Daimler AG, a German company. The global automobile manufacturing company is well-known for its luxurious vehicles, coaches, buses and lorries.
Headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany, the companies history actually dates back to 1886 when Karl Benz’s “Benz Patent-Motorwagen” was considered the first gasoline-powered automobile.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & OTHER OPPPORTUNITIES
The Mercedes-Benz bursary programme aims to fund high achieving student who lack necessary funds to support their own studies. Bursaries will be awarded to students within the following fields:
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/ Electronics Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Human Resources
- IT (Information Technology)
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: tuition expenses, food and textbooks.
Students will be required to work at the Mercedes-Benz in East London during holidays. Once graduated, bursary recipients are also able to join the MBSA Graduate Development programme.
If you have not received any feedback on your application by 31 May 2018, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen OR South African permanent resident
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time in one of the aforementioned fields of study (first to third year students may apply)
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised South African University of your choice
- Current Matric students: must have achieved excellent Grade 11 year end results
- Current tertiary students: must have achieved excellent Matric year end results AND must achieve and maintain a minimum overall average of 65% (advantageous)
- Engineering students: must have achieved distinctions for HG Mathematics and HG Physical Science (advantageous)
- NOT an employee of the Mercedes-Benz South Africa Group of Companies
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://daimler.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=MER0000BN2&tz=GMT%2B02%3A00
You will be required to Register an account before you can Login and apply.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric (certified copy of)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy of)
- Latest tertiary results, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy of)
- Curriculum Vitae (preferably in pdf format)
31 March 2018.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Mercedes-Benz directly:
Mercedes-Benz South Africa
Tel: 0800 133 355