KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE COMPANY – KZNFC
The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission (KZNFC) was established to assist with skills development in the province’s Film industry. The organisation was founded in terms of the provincial Act, which was passed in 2010. The vision of the KZNFC is to market the KwaZulu-Natal province as a diverse, sustainable and competitive industry and major film destination.
The organisations partners include – the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI); the Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA); the Idustrial Development Corporation (IDC); the National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF); Tourism KZN; Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife; Trade & Investment KwaZulu-Natal; Dube Tradeport and Three Cities.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The KZNFC bursary programme was initiated in 2014 to help address the skills shortage of the Film industry within KwaZulu-Natal. The bursary is intended for students pursuing their studies within the Film, Television and related industries, at a KwaZulu-Natal institution (please note that Acting qualifications will not be funded).
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation and prescribed textbooks.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Strong academic record
- 25 years old or younger
- Reside in the province of KwaZulu-Natal
- Completed Matric
- Registered or busy with registration to study at a recognised tertiary institution in KwaZulu-Natal
- Studying or intend on studying towards a Film/ Animation/ TV qualification (minimum NQF level 6)
- Proven financial need
- Preference will be given to: students with disabilities, students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and those studying towards a TV/ Film Production qualification
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Application forms can be obtained in one of the following ways (from 1 September each year):
- Via the KZNFC website: www.kwazulunatalfilm.co.za
- By emailing and and requesting a copy: email@example.com
- From the KZNFC office: 10th Floor, Musgrave Towers, 115 Musgrave Road, Berea, Durban, 4001
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest academic report
- Letter of acceptance at tertiary institution to study Film
- Proof of household income
- Proof of residence
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Hand delivered to the KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Office: 10th Floor, Musgrave Towers, 115 Musgrave Road, Berea, Durban, 4001
20 October 2017.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact KZNFC directly:
Tel: 031 325 0200
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org