KPMG Bursaries South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE COMPANY – KPMG
KPMG (Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler) was formed in the year 1987 by a merger between Klynveld Main Goerdeler (KMG) and Peat Marwick International. However, KPMG in South Africa has roots all the way back to 1895 when Alexander Aiken started his Public Accountant and Auditor business in Johannesburg. At the core of KPMG is 2 major firms – Peat, Marwick, Mitchell & Co. and Aiken & Carter.
The international firm offers a range of services including audit, advisory and tax services to global clients. At present, the company has an impressive global employee base of more than 162 000 staff members.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
KPMG have 2 bursary opportunities for students studying towards becoming a SAICA accredited Chartered Accountant, or CAs(SA):
1) The Pure Merit Bursary will be awarded based on academic results alone, and
2) The Merit Bursary with Financial Needs will be awarded based on academic results AND financial position.
Both of these bursaries will be awarded to students with great academic results.
Applicants should only apply for ONE bursary award – please do not submit applications for other bursary opportunities.
You should apply for the Merit Bursary with Financial Needs ONLY if you require full student funding and would NOT be able to complete your studies without extra financial support.
The bursary will be awarded on condition that the recipient maintains their academic achievements throughout the duration of study. On completion of studies, the student will be required to serve a 3 year training contract.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or intend on studying full time towards a SAICA recognised degree
- Studying or intend on studying at a SAICA recognised tertiary institution
- Aim to complete your degree in the minimum number of years
- Matric students: must achieve a minimum of 5 “A” symbols (excluding Life Orientation)
- First year tertiary students: must achieve a minimum of 70% for Financial Accounting and a minimum average of 65%
- Second year tertiary students: must achieve a minimum of 65% for Financial Accounting and a minimum average of 65%
- Third year tertiary students: must achieve a minimum of 60% for Financial Accounting and a minimum average of 60%
- CTA students: must achieve a minimum of 55% for Financial Accounting and a minimum average of 50%
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://home.kpmg.com/za/en/home/careers/bursaries.html
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric
- Curriculum Vitae
- Tertiary academic results, if at University
Applications must be submitted electronically to your closest office (via the email address below)
(Insert the words “KPMG Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
Cape Town – Email: email@example.com
Durban – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pretoria – Email: email@example.com
Johannesburg – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secunda – Email: email@example.com
Eastern Cape – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Polokwane – Email: email@example.com
Bloemfontein – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nelspruit – Email: email@example.com
None – submission of applications are open all year round and students are welcome to apply at any time.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact KPMG directly:
Tel: 011 647 7111