City of Cape Town Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
Cape Town, also known as the “Mother City”, is infamous for it’s landmark sight (and “7th wonder of the world”) Table Mountain. The port city is situated on the southwest coast of South Africa, covers an area of almost 2500 km² and has a coastline of almost 300km.
The City of Cape Town Metropolitan Municipality is categorised as a “Category A municipality”.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following “scarce skills” fields of study:
- Accounting (Chartered Accounting and Cost Management)
- Auditing (for registration purposes)
- Supply Chain Management
- Project Management
- Fleet Management
- Legal Specialisation (various fields)
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Information Systems and Technology (Specialist)
- Medical Specialists
- Nursing Specialists
- Environmental Specialists (various fields)
- Library Sciences (collections and acquisitions)
- Renewable Energy
- Artisan Training
- Technical qualifications/ training: Electronic/ Energy Services/ Electricity/ Process Control and Operations/ HVAC/ Refrigeration
- Engineering (various fields)
- Urban Design
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and exam fees.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you have not received any correspondence by 30 April 2018, regard your application as unsuccessful.
During the course of your studies, the City will assist you with practical training as required for your course. You may also be appointed a mentor from the City to assist you where possible.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to work for the City of Cape Town for an equal duration of time as their bursary award.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Reside within the greater Cape Metropolitan Area
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or registered to study full-time towards a Diploma/ Undergraduate Degree/ Postgraduate Degree within one of the scarce skills areas (as listed above)
- Studying or registered to study at an approved tertiary institution in South Africa
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the City of Cape Town Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Attach copies of the following supporting documentation with your application form:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Parent/ guardian (surety’s) ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary results, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution
- Awards/ certificates where applicable (certified copies)
- Recommendation letter from a teacher or mentor
- 2 x references (contact details)
Completed application forms and documentation must be submitted to the City of Cape Town, via post:
P O Box 298
16 February 2018.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
The City of Cape Town
HR Service Desk
Tel: 086 010 3089 (option 6)