Cape Wools SA Bursary Fund South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
Cape Wools South Africa are the official representative company of the South African Wool Industry. The purpose of Cape Wools is to represent the interests of all involved in the wool industry, including: wool producers, small stock breeders, wool processors, wool buyers, wool traders, wool brokers, wool labourers and the wool testing group.
Cape Wools started the “Cape Wools SA Bursary Fund” to financially assist students towards obtaining a tertiary qualification relating to employment in the South African wool industry.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Animal Science (focusing on woolled sheep science)
- Wool Textile Technology/ Science
- Business/ Commerce disciplines
- Marketing disciplines
The bursary value will be awarded to a maximum of R30 000 for the first year of study. These funds must be used for registration, tuition, accommodation, prescribed books and other sundry study-related expenses.
Bursaries are awarded on an annual basis and are renewed based on the students academic performance.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Preference will be given to students from a previously disadvantaged background
- Studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in the wool industry
- Meet all the entry requirements for one of the above qualifications at the students selected tertiary institution
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Cape Wools SA Bursary Fund Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy) (if the applicant has completed Matric)
- Latest academic results (certified copies)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution (on the tertiary institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence (certified copy)
- Cover letter explaining why the applicant should be awarded the bursary
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to:
The General Manager
Cape Wools SA
P.O. Box 2191
31 October 2017.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 041 484 4301
Please be sure to download and read the Cape Wools SA Bursary Fund – Terms of Agreement (pdf) before applying.