BDO South Africa Incorporated Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE COMPANY – BDO
BDO is a global organisation with offices in over 150 countries, with more than 50 000 employees. Founded in 1963, BDO now routes its headquarters in Belgium and boasts an annual revenue of USD7.02 billion (according to Wikipedia statistics).
BDO South Africa Incorporated (previously known as BDO Spencer Steward) firm are an accounting, auditing and business advisory service provider who wish to help potential Chartered Accounting students to pursue their dream careers, by way of a bursary.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SERVICE CONTRACT
BDO aim to help students reach their dreams to becoming Chartered Accountants. Bursaries will be awarded to Bcom Accounting (or equivalent). The student selected will be one who shows great potential in the finance field and strong academic merit.
The bursary will cover all or part of the students’ academic fees, and textbook allowance.
The bursary value will differ between each BDO SA firm. Please note that the bursary is conditional and will only be renewed if the student achieves a pass at the end of the year.
In exchange for a bursary, the successful applicant will be required to work at BDO SA for the equal time of the bursary. Students may also be required to complete vacation work at BDO SA.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Studying or planning to study towards a Chartered Accountant qualification
- Qualify for admission to study CA or are currently registered for a Bcom in Accounting, or equivalent qualification at a University recognised by the SAICA (South African Institute of Chartered Accountants).
- Please note: students who have received prior financial assistance or bursary funding, who are required to work back the bursary, may not apply.
The successful candidate will have to meet the following criteria:
- Achieved a minimum “B” in Mathematics Higher grade
- Achieved a minimum “B” in English Higher grade (first or second language)
- Achieved a minimum average mark of 70%
Current University students:
- Achieved a minimum of 70% in Accounts I
- Achieved a minimum of 70% in Accounts II
- Achieved a minimum of 65% in Accounts III
(Candidates that meet the above criteria will be shortlisted for an interview and psychometric assessment)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Apply for the BDO bursary in one of the following ways:
Download and complete the BDO Spencer Steward Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Apply online at: https://www.bdo.co.za/en-za/careers/students-careers/bursaries
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy of)
- Matric Certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy of)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric
- Tertiary full academic record, if currently at tertiary level
If you apply via the application form, your application pack must be submitted to the Human Resources Department, in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fax: 011 488 1783
The bursary will be allocated to the student who BDO SA feels has the best chance of qualifying for a Chartered Accountant qualification.
The chosen applicant will have a strong academic record and show financial need.
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to work at BDO SA for the equal time of the bursary. Students may also be required to complete vacation work at BDO SA.
31 October annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact BDO directly:
BDO South Africa Incorporated
Tel: 011 488 1700
Fax: 011 488 1783